Last week, Red Hat held its premiere event in Boston, Massachusetts from June 23 to 26, the Red Hat Summit, where several announcements have been made.
The summit offered over 200 technical sessions and labs and has seen on stage executives from Red Hat (obviously), Cisco, SAP, Intel, Dell, Samsung and many other companies part of Red Hat’s ecosystem.
A special focus has been given to cloud computing, Docker container technology, mobile and storage technologies, everything empowered by open-source and its renovated coolishness.
Red Hat leveraged the event to make several announcements and unveil new products like Atomic Enterprise Platform, OpenShift Enterprise 3 and Red Hat Mobile Application Platform.
Red Hat’s announcements covered several areas and can be summarized as follows:
- Former Cisco EVP&CFO Frank Calderoni was appointed as new Executive Vice President, Operations and Chief Financial Officer, with over 30 years of financial expertise Calderoni is going to be responsible for leading the company’s global finance organization and the leadership and management of IT and operations teams, reporting directly to Red Hat president and CEO, Jim Whitehurst
- Red Hat Atomic Enterprise Platform, has been unveiled. The new offering is an integrated infrastructure platform designed to run, orchestrate and scale multi-container-based applications and services
- OpenShift Enterprise 3, has been released. Red Hat Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering now integrates Docker containers, Kubernetes and is sat on top of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse 6.2 and Red Hat JBoss A-MQ 6.2, were announced. The latest versions of these components focus on three critical planes: connectivity, usability and Internet-of-Things (IoT) enablement
- Red Hat Mobile Application Platform, was announced. This is a completely new offering which incorporates technology from acquisition of FeedHenry, Red Hat’s JBoss Middleware and OpenShift PaaS. This platform offers enterprises a full technology stack to create and distribute mobile applications alongside the tools to integrate them with existing IT infrastructures
You can find the keynote and other sessions on Red Hat official Youtube channel.