In June this year, cloudcomputing.info reported that VMware released a set of papers, dubbed the vCloud Architecture Toolkit (vCAT) providing guidance for customers planning to implement their own cloud infrastructure.
Now VMware has updated the vCloud Architecture Toolkit to version 2.0, which contains the following papers:
- Document Map, providing an overview of the documents below
- vCAT introduction, providing considerations when first deploying a cloud strategy.
- Private VMware vCloud Service Definition, providing business and functional requirements for Private cloud architectures including sample use cases
- Public VMware vCloud Service Definition, providing business and functional requirements for Public cloud architectures including sample use cases
- Architecting a VMware vCloud, providing design considerations for architecture
- Operating a VMware vCloud, providing operational considerations for running a vCloud
- Consuming a VMware vCloud, providing organization and user considerations for building and running vApps within a vCloud
- vCloud implementiation Examples:
Or you can download the whole bundle.