VMware has released a set of papers which provide guidance for customers planning on implementing their own cloud infrastructure. The guidance is based on VMware’s experiences while building dozens of cloud infrastructures.
VMware recommends customers to start reading the following document:
- Requirements for a cloud, containing 8 pages – Defining the Cloud, Requirements and covering the VMware products making up a cloud.
After that the two service definitions are provided to help develop business and functional requirements, which include some use cases:
- Service Definition for a Public Cloud ,containing 12 pages
- Service Definition for a Private Cloud (link not active at time of writing)
Based on the first 3 documents, the following document provides guidelines on how to architect a Cloud environment:
- Architecting a Cloud, containing 100 pages
VMware also provides two example documents about how to implement both a Public and Private cloud.
- Implementation Example for a Public Cloud , containing 32 pages
- Implementation Example for a Private Cloud (link not active at time of writing)
Thanks to Eric Sloof for providing the news.