VMware has announced the general availability of VMware Go Pro, a web based cloud service (SaaS) designed for small and midsized businesses (SMBs). Go Pro will provide the functionalities of VMware Go, the free web management service for ESXi adding functionalities like Software License Management, Hardware Asset Management, Patch Deployment (in partnership with Shavlik Technologies) and email support.
Go Pro provides the following features:
- Installation and configuration of vSphere Hypervisor
- Initial vSphere Hypervisor setup, including Remote install and built-in hardware compatibility check functionality
- Create VMs, peform P2V, convert VMware Server VMs and installing pre-packaged virtual appliances
- Management and basic monitoring for vSphere hosts and VMs
- Patch Management
- Scanning for missing patches
- Deploying patches
- Software License Management
- Scanning, viewing, and reporting on installed software
- Hardware Asset Management
- Scanning, viewing and reporting on hardware assets
- Help Desk
- Create tickets, automatic email notifications, analyzing and reporting.