AWS shared responsibility model is still difficult to understand for many IT administrators who approach to the public clouds world.
Amazon’s paper AWS Security Best Practices, available in AWS Security Resource page, starts from this model as a foundation and then provides a list of security best practices and an overview of different security topics to help existing and potential customers who are designing a security infrastructure for applications running in Amazon Web Services.
- Know the AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Define and Categorize Assets on AWS
- Design Your ISMS to Protect Your Assets on AWS
- Manage AWS Accounts, IAM Users, Groups, and Roles
- Managing OS-level Access to Amazon EC2 Instances
- Secure Your Data