SUSE, which operates as an independent business unit of the Attachmate Group today announced the release of SUSE Cloud 2.0. SUSE Cloud is SUSE’s Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution based on OpenStack Grizzly. The most interesting changes in this version are the support for Microsoft Hyper-V as a hypervisor and technical preview support for VMware’s ESXi hypervisor. Already supported were the KVM and Xen hypervisors.
Main new features in this release:
- Support for Microsoft Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012)
- Support for VMware ESXi (in technical preview)
- Integration with open source deployment framework Crowbar
- Latest features and fixes of OpenStack Grizzly
- Improvements in the integration with SUSE Studio, for application deployment and SUSE Manager, the workload manager.
- Broader ecosystem of partner solutions to extend capabilities provided by Cisco, Midokura, Open Vswitch and VLAN bridging solutions.