Microsoft has released a paper titled:”Infrastructure-as-a-Service Product Line Architecture Fabric Architecture Guide“. The paper which contains 112 pages provides guidance to develop solutions for a Microsoft private cloud infrastructure in accordance with the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) product line architecture patterns that are identified for use with the Windows Server 2012 operating system. This paper also has an accompanying paper titled: ”Infrastructure-as-a-Service Fabric Management Architecture Guide” which covers the development of a fabric management architecture.
The goal of the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) product line architecture (PLA) is to help organizations develop and implement private cloud infrastructures quickly while reducing complexity and risk. The IaaS PLA provides a reference architecture that combines Microsoft software, consolidated guidance, and validated configurations with partner technology such as compute, network, and storage architectures, in addition to value-added software components.
The paper covers the following topics:
- IaaS Product Line Architecture Overview
- Continuous Availability over SMB Storage Pattern Overview
- Non-Converged Infrastructure Pattern Overview
- Converged Infrastructure Pattern Overview
- Storage Architecture
- Network Architecture
- Compute Architecture
- Hyper-V Virtualization Architecture
- Fabric and Fabric Management
- Non-Converged Architecture Pattern
- Converged Architecture Pattern
- Continuous Availability over SMB Storage Architecture Pattern
- Multi-Tenant Designs