VMware has released version 2.0 of its vCloud Connector. vCloud Connector is a Software as a Service (SaaS) management tool for VMware environments residing on- or off premise offering Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). vCloud Connector allows you to connect multiple clouds which could be either private or public. Public clouds are operated by vendors providing Global Connect, an effort between VMware and several vendors providing public cloud solutions based on the VMware stack.
Version 2.0 provides the following new features:
- Datacenter Extension, allowing extension of the private datacenter to a public vCloud. This provides the ability to move VMs and vApps while retaining the original network settings.
- Content Sync, allowing you to synchronize templates across clouds
- Cross-Cloud Search, allowing you to search for a VM, vApp or template across all connected clouds
- Multi-tenant Node, allowing multiple organizations on a cloud to leverage one vCloud Connector
- Copy and deploy in one operation
- New User Interface which includes new copy and deploy wizards, a new interface for tasks, details panel and cross-cloud search.
Thanks to Eric Sloof for providing the news.