CloudSwitch has announced version 2.0 of its CloudSwitch Enterprise software. This version is the follow-up of version 1.0 which was announced in July this year. CloudSwitch Enterprise is a management solution for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) cloud platforms that converts, migrates and manages on-premises VMware and Xen virtual machines inside public clouds like Amazon EC2 and Terremark vCloud Express (by leveraging the VMware vCloud APIs).
Version 2.0 adds the following new features:
- Provisioning in the cloud, allowing customers to provision virtual machines in the cloud, and by leveraging SOAP-based web services and command-line interfaces users can automate the process of creating virtual machines in the cloud in order to scale up or down to meet peak demands.
- Extending Enterprise Network Topologies into the cloud
- Firewall in the Cloud & Public IP Access, providing secure, public connectivity to applications in the cloud. The firewall also provides an load balancer which is useful when handling spikes in traffic by directing traffic to the most appropriate load-balanced resource in the cloud.
- Layer-2 Connectivity with Layer-3 Support, allowing customers to run workloads in the cloud without changing any network configuration data, like IP addresses, MAC addresses and network masks. Layer-3 connectivity, like IPSec connections can also be used supported by the CloudSwitch firewall in the cloud.
- Multiple Subnets, providing the possibility to build network topologies in the cloud which extend the organizations internal datacenter networks. Customers can even span subnets across the cloud if necessary.
- Broader geographic support including all Terremark and Amazon regions and availability zones.