Last week Microsoft released the Windows Azure Management Pack, which can be installed on System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2 with Cumulative Update 3 installed. For unknown reasons though the Management Pack got pulled from the Microsoft Download site.
With this Management Pack installed, you will be able to monitor applications which reside within Windows Azure from your SCOM environment.
The Windows Azure Management Pack:
• Discovers Windows Azure applications.
• Provides status of each role instance.
• Collects and monitors performance information.
• Collects and monitors Windows events.
• Collects and monitors the .NET Framework trace messages from each role instance.
• Grooms performance, event, and the .NET Framework trace data from Windows Azure storage account.
• Changes the number of role instances via a task