CloudPhysics, founded in 2001 by former VMware employees, with this new release gives vSphere teams the opportunity to reduce risk and waste without compromising safety of the virtual infrastructure or the applications. Among the highlights of CloudPhysics:
- Reduces disruption and incidents with always-on diagnostics that surface hot spots and emerging problems, enabling admins to get ahead of nascent performance problems
- Improves mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) with directed exploration, enabling admins to zero in on root cause and resolve application disruptions more quickly
- Generates insights for realigning misconfigured infrastructure to prevent future performance and availability issues and improve efficiency
Also included in the release:
- Always-on diagnostics: Continuous diagnosis of infrastructure with changes continuously captured, recorded and reflected. Unique data derivations, correlations, mashups and filters reduce “noise” and identify true hazards.
- Configurable dashboards: Rich contextual views expose hot spots and potential risks before problems form and impact operations. Trending analysis consolidates multiple objects and views, enabling multi-dimensional correlation.
- Groundbreaking exploration capabilities: Interactive ability to analyze changes over time through easily manipulated exploration mode, using time slices with zoom in/out capabilities to evaluate correlations and causation. Users can “correlate in context” to troubleshoot application disruptions with data drawn from VM performance/resource consumption; change/event log; configuration history; and known issues associated with operational hazards and best practices.
- 20+ new analytics for managing health and preempting hazards, available in our extensive library of “cards.”
- Platform innovation: Time series data is uniquely handled by the CloudPhysics platform to enable a user to analyze multiple dimensions of the infrastructure around the same time axis.
John Blumenthal, CloudPhysics vice president of product management, declared:
Dealing with unforeseen system disruptions kills IT productivity, and the most common ‘cure’ – to add more hardware – simply adds costs and masks the underlying problem, our unique insights and exploration capabilities are the fastest, easiest way for IT to get ahead of potential risk in their infrastructure, using an intuitive solution that uses predictive analytics to spot trouble early, guide to the root cause, and ultimately tune your infrastructure to prevent recurring hazards.