Microsoft has released Update Rollup 6 for the following products within the System Center 2012 R2 suite: Service Manager (SCSM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Service Provider Foundation (SPF)
The following updates are available:
- Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Update Rollup 6 for System Center 2012 R2 Orchestrator – Service Provider Foundation
- Update Rollup 6 for Windows Azure Pack
Besides fixing serveral issues, the Update Rollups which Microsoft provide also introduce new functionality in some cases. By adding functionality to the current product Microsoft eases the pain for customers who want new functionality but don’t want to wait for the next version of System Center which is still expected in 2016.
The following fixes and updates are supplied by Update Rollup 6 (among others):
- Service Manager 2012 R2 now supports Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- This update contains several improvements for a significant reduction in sync time of the System Center Configuration Manager (CM) connector and the Active Directory connector.
- The Active Directory connector sync schedule is now configurable through the console and Windows PowerShell.
- An MPSync jobs stops responding (hangs) after you import a new version of a management pack for System Center
- Service Request and Problem management forms do not save the data changes that are made after you update the form.
- If you delete a System Center Configuration Manager connector, the console hangs until all the associated configuration items are deleted.
- The console crashes if lots of data or an image is pasted to the documentation tab of the release request.
More: information about what changed in UR6 for Service Manager 2012 R2
Virtual Machine Manager:
- Add Azure Subscription feature, which allows administrators to add Microsoft Azure subscriptions to VMM and perform basic actions on Azure instances in those subscriptions.
- Option to use Generation 2 VMs in Services and VMRoles
- Total Networking Usage Exposure rules in Management Pack
- Option to overcommit Cloud and Host Group capacity for Replica VMs
- Solved issue where the VMM service crashes and generates an access violation error in System.Xml when it respons to an Integration Services event.
- Solved issue where VM customization can fail with critical exception when Hyper-V does not return a floppy drive object.
More: Information about what changed in UR6 for Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2
- The “Remove-DisabledClassInstance” Windows PowerShell command times out without completing
- Top 10 Performance widgets (WebConsole) are sometimes empty
- WebConsole Details widget does not display anything
- JEE: WebLogic 12.1.3 servers on Linux or Solaris are not discovered
- The SSLv3 protocol cannot be disabled in OpenSSL as used by the UNIX and Linux agents
Orchestrator – Service Provider Foundation:
- Solved issue where a tenant’s local user name password is sent to SMA as clear text, and the credentials can be viewed in the job history in the Windows Azure Pack portal.
- New Metrics added for Usage Enpoint surfaces
- Solved issue where any tenant can receive virtual machine performance data for any virtual machine without subscription-on-behalf-of ownership
Windows Azure Pack:
- Added support for Virtual Machine Checkpoint
- Adds support to maintain Data Consistency between the SQL Resource Provider configured properties for resources (such as databases, resource pools, and workload groups) with the actual provisioned resources on the SQL Server Hosting server (or servers).
- Fixes several SQL Server Resource Provider issues
- Adds support for Deployment Slots in Windows Azure Pack Websites.
- Adds support for Webjobs in Windows Azure Pack Websites.