Virtustream is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider, funded among the others from SAP, that also offers a Cloud Management Platform called xStream.
This week the company announced version 3.0 of xStream, expected to ship in July, introducing the support for OpenStack together with what they call Enterprise Risk Management capabilities.
xStream already supports VMware and KVM hypervisors and offers APIs for Amazon EC2 and S3.
According to the press release the key features includes:
- Enterprise Risk Management: Enterprise customers will now be able to insure that their entire infrastructure, systems and IT business processes are secure and continuously compliant (both in the cloud and in their own IT environment). Through deep integration with a wide spectrum of threat monitoring systems and broad support for all major compliance policies, the xStream ERM product suite enables the Enterprise to efficiently monitor and prioritize remediation of security or policy vulnerability through its built-in workflow and alerting. Additionally, all of the data is fed into a Big Data correlation engine providing unprecedented levels of analysis and reporting.
- Enhanced data protection policies: xStream is the industry’s first CMP software that allows resources to be tagged and monitored for geo-location, ensuring that operational changes don’t move computing resources or associated data into a non-compliant environment in another data center, city, region or country. With the addition of new replication policies and services, xStream 3.0 simplifies the management of data protection by giving customers insight into the entire data network — locally, regionally and globally.
- Support for OpenStack: In addition to its support for VMware Virtualization, Virtustream will now offer support for OpenStack. With the addition of a new continuous compliance assurance service via ERM integration, customers can now maintain the highest level of data security while provisioning and running workloads on top of OpenStack.
- Introduction of the xStream Application Management Framework a.k.a. “xStream AppDirector”: With this release, Virtustream introduces the xStream Application Management Framework which allows streamlined integration in the cloud for packaged and custom applications. This framework introduces unprecedented levels of orchestration and control at the application level directly from the xStream Cloud Management Portal, simplifying complex application management in the cloud while lowering overall TCO.
- Predictive analytics: Now customers with limited technical experience or knowledge are able to dynamically optimize their cloud environments. xStream’s new analytics functionality allows enterprises to consolidate workloads onto fewer machines, which delivers savings on power, cooling and other infrastructure costs.
- Flexible billing options: Virtustream is one of the only enterprise-class cloud software and services providers to enable IT organizations to consume or deliver cloud computing resources on demand while only paying for the consumption of resources used. With this release, Virtustream is introducing a new feature that provides custom tagging for customer and service providers to allow even more flexible billing options.