Microsoft has updated its Performance Tuning Guidelines for Windows Server 2012 R2. The Performance Tuning Guidelines provides a set of guidelines that you can use to tune the server settings in Windows Server 2012 R2 and obtain incremental performance or energy efficiency gains, especially when the nature of the workload varies little over time.
The Guideline describes important tuning considerations and settings that can result in improved performance or energy efficiency. It also describes each setting and its potential effect to help you make an informed decision about its relevance to your system, workload, performance, and energy usage goals.
The guidelines is divided into the following sections:
- Performance tuning for Server Hardware
- Performance tuning for Subsystems
- Performance tuning for Server Roles
- Performance tuning for Workloads
- Additional Resources for Performance Tuning Guidelines