RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud infrastructures such Amazon EC2, Microsoft AWS, Google Compute Engine and various distributions of OpenStack, public and on-premises.
Today the company announced the support for Docker based containers through the installation of its RightLink agent on Docker hosts.
RightScale native capabilities easily allow to provision and scale Docker hosts, as well as container management tools such Kubernetes, Docker Swarm or Rancher, simply providing appropriate templates for these kind of services.
- Container discovery: RightLink continually discovers which containers are running on which hosts across all of your resource pools and updates the information in your RightScale console.
- Automatic container tagging: Container hosts are automatically tagged with the container image, name, and ID (SHA) for easy tracking.
- Search and filter on containers: Quickly find containers by any combination of images and tags. Identify containers that are running a particular service so that you can run a script or perform an application-specific operation.
- Automatic container monitoring: View monitoring metrics for each container as well as for each Docker host. Identify bottlenecks when a containerized service or application is slow or identify excess capacity in a host.
- Container alerts: Configure alerts and escalations based on container metrics.
- Self-healing: Automatically kick off actions or scripts if predefined thresholds are exceeded by individual containers or a Docker host.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
February 9th, 2017
“We see greater potential strategic opportunity in NSX over the next decade than our franchise product vSphere has had for the past decade.”
said VMware’s CEO Pat Gelsinger talking about…
November 1st, 2016
In September 2012 Dell announced to have completed the acquisition of Quest Software, a Californian company with an history in systems management, security, business intelligence and, falling back in our…
October 21st, 2016
Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter 2016.
The revenues for the second quarter were $841 million for an increase of 3% compared to Q3 2015.
Net income was $132…
October 21st, 2016
A few days ago Amazon Web Services announced the support for Windows Server 2016 in its IaaS offering Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Windows Server 2016, released in GA last week,…
September 1st, 2016
Today was the last day of VMware’s flagship conference VMworld in Las Vegas, an highly controversial edition which left a good chunk of the audience disoriented if not properly disappointed….
August 11th, 2016
Last week Gartner updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2016. The Magic Quadrant for the year 2015 was released in May last year…
August 2nd, 2016
Ansible is one of the four main players in the automation market, younger then the well known Chef and Puppet, has been launched in 2013 in Durham, N.C. and acquired…
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 7th, 2016
Today OpenStack Foundation has released the 13th version of its IaaS platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. This new releases has been contributed by 2,336 developers, operators and users…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…