On February 5, IBM announced the release of major advances to its PureSystems family.
PureSystems is part of IBM SmartCloud offerings, enterprise’s cloud computing technologies and services that allow to build and scale private and hybrid clouds.
PureSystems model is aiming to simplify and secure the developing of cloud-based services, including PureData System for Analytics to capitalize on big data and PureApplication System which should accelerate cloud deployments.
The new IBM PureData System for Analytics, powered by Netezza technology, is supposed to manage more data while maintaining efficiency in the data center.
IBM PureSystem offerings include:
- Smaller PureApplication System: This new “mini” model offers organizations with limited budgets and resources a “cloud in a box.” It provides all of the infrastructure and management software necessary to quickly develop and deploy new applications in the cloud or on-premise, while helping to remove complex, time- and labor-intensive processes. With smaller configurations, this model opens up new opportunities for MSPs and within growth markets without sacrificing performance.
- PureApplication System on POWER7+: This system provides larger enterprises, particularly those in financial services and insurance, the ability to better manage and maintain compute and transaction-intensive applications across environments, including the cloud, where up-time and performance are mission critical. In growth markets where large enterprises are already running many high performance applications on Power systems, this new offering helps them get to the cloud quickly and run those applications more efficiently. IBM issued a related announcement today with details on its new Power Systems and Storage Systems.
- Expanded Software Patterns Catalogue: Accessible through the PureSystems Centre, patterns are an innovative approach that automates software management – dramatically reducing the time it takes to install, manage and maintain applications. In addition to third-party ISV patterns, new patterns for IBM software include those for mobile application management, application integration, asset management and social business including IBM Web Experience Patterns for WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager; IBM Connections Hypervisor Edition; and IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern.
- Managed Service Provider Editions for PureFlex System and Flex Systems: IBM has created “MSP Editions” for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex Systems that provide an accelerated cloud deployment platform that is faster to implement, easier to manage, and more cost effective than the MSP having to build the platform themselves, helping them to cut operating expenses, such as systems administration and setup. As part of the MSP Editions, and only available to MSPs that are registered IBM Business Partners, IBM is offering attractive pricing and finance options that are designed to match the cash flow considerations and investment priorities of MSPs.
- SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure: IBM is also announcing a new SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure offering, for IBM PureFlex System and Flex Systems. This new offering will enhance the overall quality and reliability of virtual desktops and enables IT managers to easily manage, secure and deploy virtual desktop solutions. Clients can now securely deploy desktop access to mobile devices. This capability will allow clients to set up desktop access in minutes and provides rapid recovery from theft, failure and disasters.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
July 30th, 2015
On July 28 Citrix disclosed that Mark Templeton, the company CEO, has plans to retire after over 20 years of service, an unexpected news that drew attention on the next…
July 30th, 2015
Citrix announced its financial results for second quarter 2015.
The revenues for the second quarter were $797 million for an increase of 2% compared to Q2 2014.
Net income was $103…
July 24th, 2015
VMware released the results about its results for Q2 2015.
VMware, announced a GAAP total revenue growth of $1.52 billion, for an increase of 4 percent compared to Q2 2014. License revenues…
July 22nd, 2015
Apprenda, founded 2007 and headquartered in Troy, NY, a computer software company provider of Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) software announced that it has closed a $24 million series D funding. The…
July 22nd, 2015
Everyone wants to participate to the OpenStack Foundation, this time is Google which revealed to have signed as Corporate Sponsor. Google is going to focus on integrating containers management…
July 1st, 2015
Containers continue to gain traction, IBM announced the release of enterprise class containers based on Docker and built on its Platform as a Service, Bluemix for hybrid environments. It will…
June 29th, 2015
Last week, Red Hat held its premiere event in Boston, Massachusetts from June 23 to 26, the Red Hat Summit, where several announcements have been made.
The summit offered over…
June 29th, 2015
Network virtualization is one of the hot topics within the OpenStack community. Last week japanese startup Midokura focused on network virtualization announced the assignment of Takashi Yamamoto as OpenStack…
June 24th, 2015
On June 18 Red Hat announced its financial results for its fiscal year 2016 and for the first quarter of 2015.
Total revenue for the first quarter ended May 31,…
June 18th, 2015
IBM kept its word and as announced few months ago when it has opened its datacenter in Australia, now it has officially opened its first cloud data center in Italy,…
June 11th, 2015
Rancher Labs is a startup providing management on top of the Docker containers, today the company has announced that it has raised $10 million in a series A funding…
June 9th, 2015
Almost at the same time when Cisco announced the acquisition of Piston Cloud Computing, another big name announced to have acquired another OpenStack-powered company: Blue Box.
Seattle based Blue Box is…
June 4th, 2015
Cisco announced to be intentioned to acquire Piston Cloud Computing, a start-up founded by former NASA and Rackspace leaders, gold member of the OpenStack Foundation since 2012.
Both Cisco and…
May 28th, 2015
There has been a lot of talk about OpenStack lately, last week Vancouver hosted the OpenStack Summit bringing us quite a few announcements about the open source cloud computing…