On February 5, IBM announced the release of major advances to its PureSystems family.
PureSystems is part of IBM SmartCloud offerings, enterprise’s cloud computing technologies and services that allow to build and scale private and hybrid clouds.
PureSystems model is aiming to simplify and secure the developing of cloud-based services, including PureData System for Analytics to capitalize on big data and PureApplication System which should accelerate cloud deployments.
The new IBM PureData System for Analytics, powered by Netezza technology, is supposed to manage more data while maintaining efficiency in the data center.
IBM PureSystem offerings include:
- Smaller PureApplication System: This new “mini” model offers organizations with limited budgets and resources a “cloud in a box.” It provides all of the infrastructure and management software necessary to quickly develop and deploy new applications in the cloud or on-premise, while helping to remove complex, time- and labor-intensive processes. With smaller configurations, this model opens up new opportunities for MSPs and within growth markets without sacrificing performance.
- PureApplication System on POWER7+: This system provides larger enterprises, particularly those in financial services and insurance, the ability to better manage and maintain compute and transaction-intensive applications across environments, including the cloud, where up-time and performance are mission critical. In growth markets where large enterprises are already running many high performance applications on Power systems, this new offering helps them get to the cloud quickly and run those applications more efficiently. IBM issued a related announcement today with details on its new Power Systems and Storage Systems.
- Expanded Software Patterns Catalogue: Accessible through the PureSystems Centre, patterns are an innovative approach that automates software management – dramatically reducing the time it takes to install, manage and maintain applications. In addition to third-party ISV patterns, new patterns for IBM software include those for mobile application management, application integration, asset management and social business including IBM Web Experience Patterns for WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager; IBM Connections Hypervisor Edition; and IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern.
- Managed Service Provider Editions for PureFlex System and Flex Systems: IBM has created “MSP Editions” for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex Systems that provide an accelerated cloud deployment platform that is faster to implement, easier to manage, and more cost effective than the MSP having to build the platform themselves, helping them to cut operating expenses, such as systems administration and setup. As part of the MSP Editions, and only available to MSPs that are registered IBM Business Partners, IBM is offering attractive pricing and finance options that are designed to match the cash flow considerations and investment priorities of MSPs.
- SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure: IBM is also announcing a new SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure offering, for IBM PureFlex System and Flex Systems. This new offering will enhance the overall quality and reliability of virtual desktops and enables IT managers to easily manage, secure and deploy virtual desktop solutions. Clients can now securely deploy desktop access to mobile devices. This capability will allow clients to set up desktop access in minutes and provides rapid recovery from theft, failure and disasters.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
February 9th, 2017
“We see greater potential strategic opportunity in NSX over the next decade than our franchise product vSphere has had for the past decade.”
said VMware’s CEO Pat Gelsinger talking about…
November 1st, 2016
In September 2012 Dell announced to have completed the acquisition of Quest Software, a Californian company with an history in systems management, security, business intelligence and, falling back in our…
October 21st, 2016
Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter 2016.
The revenues for the second quarter were $841 million for an increase of 3% compared to Q3 2015.
Net income was $132…
October 21st, 2016
A few days ago Amazon Web Services announced the support for Windows Server 2016 in its IaaS offering Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Windows Server 2016, released in GA last week,…
September 1st, 2016
Today was the last day of VMware’s flagship conference VMworld in Las Vegas, an highly controversial edition which left a good chunk of the audience disoriented if not properly disappointed….
August 11th, 2016
Last week Gartner updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2016. The Magic Quadrant for the year 2015 was released in May last year…
August 2nd, 2016
Ansible is one of the four main players in the automation market, younger then the well known Chef and Puppet, has been launched in 2013 in Durham, N.C. and acquired…
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 7th, 2016
Today OpenStack Foundation has released the 13th version of its IaaS platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. This new releases has been contributed by 2,336 developers, operators and users…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…