On February 5, IBM announced the release of major advances to its PureSystems family.
PureSystems is part of IBM SmartCloud offerings, enterprise’s cloud computing technologies and services that allow to build and scale private and hybrid clouds.
PureSystems model is aiming to simplify and secure the developing of cloud-based services, including PureData System for Analytics to capitalize on big data and PureApplication System which should accelerate cloud deployments.
The new IBM PureData System for Analytics, powered by Netezza technology, is supposed to manage more data while maintaining efficiency in the data center.
IBM PureSystem offerings include:
- Smaller PureApplication System: This new “mini” model offers organizations with limited budgets and resources a “cloud in a box.” It provides all of the infrastructure and management software necessary to quickly develop and deploy new applications in the cloud or on-premise, while helping to remove complex, time- and labor-intensive processes. With smaller configurations, this model opens up new opportunities for MSPs and within growth markets without sacrificing performance.
- PureApplication System on POWER7+: This system provides larger enterprises, particularly those in financial services and insurance, the ability to better manage and maintain compute and transaction-intensive applications across environments, including the cloud, where up-time and performance are mission critical. In growth markets where large enterprises are already running many high performance applications on Power systems, this new offering helps them get to the cloud quickly and run those applications more efficiently. IBM issued a related announcement today with details on its new Power Systems and Storage Systems.
- Expanded Software Patterns Catalogue: Accessible through the PureSystems Centre, patterns are an innovative approach that automates software management – dramatically reducing the time it takes to install, manage and maintain applications. In addition to third-party ISV patterns, new patterns for IBM software include those for mobile application management, application integration, asset management and social business including IBM Web Experience Patterns for WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager; IBM Connections Hypervisor Edition; and IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern.
- Managed Service Provider Editions for PureFlex System and Flex Systems: IBM has created “MSP Editions” for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex Systems that provide an accelerated cloud deployment platform that is faster to implement, easier to manage, and more cost effective than the MSP having to build the platform themselves, helping them to cut operating expenses, such as systems administration and setup. As part of the MSP Editions, and only available to MSPs that are registered IBM Business Partners, IBM is offering attractive pricing and finance options that are designed to match the cash flow considerations and investment priorities of MSPs.
- SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure: IBM is also announcing a new SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure offering, for IBM PureFlex System and Flex Systems. This new offering will enhance the overall quality and reliability of virtual desktops and enables IT managers to easily manage, secure and deploy virtual desktop solutions. Clients can now securely deploy desktop access to mobile devices. This capability will allow clients to set up desktop access in minutes and provides rapid recovery from theft, failure and disasters.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
April 7th, 2016
Today OpenStack Foundation has released the 13th version of its IaaS platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. This new releases has been contributed by 2,336 developers, operators and users…
March 4th, 2016
Yesterday Docker announced to have acquired a semi-stealth startup called Conductant, focused on workloads orchestration.
Both Conductant’s founders, Bill Farner and David Chung, have significant enterprise experience coming from…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…
February 11th, 2016
Yesterday VMware announced version 7 of both its vCloud and vRealize suites, confirming its efforts to be relevant in the CMPs (Cloud Management Platforms) space.
vRealize Suite 7 is made…
February 11th, 2016
Platform9 solutions leverages a mix of SaaS and on premises Virtual Appliance to provide into supported environments capabilities typical of Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs) such self-service provisioning, monitoring, configuration…
February 1st, 2016
During Ignite 2015, back in September, Microsoft announced Microsoft Azure Stack as the building block for its hybrid cloud strategy.
What Microsoft is saying with this move is that, despite…
January 15th, 2016
The Pivotal Initiative is the organization, born in December 2012 from the merge of EMC and VMware cloud application and big data offerings and offering primarily Pivotal CF (Cloud Foundry),…
January 14th, 2016
Ansible is an IT automation tool especially popular within the developers’ community, thanks to its simplicity and agentless nature.
Three months away from its acquisition by Red Hat the company announced…
December 23rd, 2015
Nutanix is a provider of converged infrastructure, basically a physical server containing both compute and storage driven by an Installed Hypervisor of choice, this server, called a node can…
December 23rd, 2015
Last week VMware finally completed the first major update of VMware vRealize Suite, its well known cloud management solution, releasing in GA both vRealize Automation 7 and vRealize Business Standard…
December 15th, 2015
virtualization.info has been following Virtualization Matrix since its early steps and we recently wrote about its crowdsourced-powered heir: WhatMatrix.
Today we are happy to report that its community, formed…
November 18th, 2015
As you may have heard, Microsoft recently announced its “historical” partnership with Red Hat, something that a number of analysts already claimed as a milestone for both companies but especially for…
October 16th, 2015
Today Red Hat announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Ansible, provider of an IT automation tool popular especially within the developers’ community.
The acquisition is rumored…
October 2nd, 2015
On September 30, Mirantis announced the availability of version 7.0 of its OpenStack distribution in addition with the long awaited extension of the support from two to three years….