On February 5, IBM announced the release of major advances to its PureSystems family.
PureSystems is part of IBM SmartCloud offerings, enterprise’s cloud computing technologies and services that allow to build and scale private and hybrid clouds.
PureSystems model is aiming to simplify and secure the developing of cloud-based services, including PureData System for Analytics to capitalize on big data and PureApplication System which should accelerate cloud deployments.
The new IBM PureData System for Analytics, powered by Netezza technology, is supposed to manage more data while maintaining efficiency in the data center.
IBM PureSystem offerings include:
- Smaller PureApplication System: This new “mini” model offers organizations with limited budgets and resources a “cloud in a box.” It provides all of the infrastructure and management software necessary to quickly develop and deploy new applications in the cloud or on-premise, while helping to remove complex, time- and labor-intensive processes. With smaller configurations, this model opens up new opportunities for MSPs and within growth markets without sacrificing performance.
- PureApplication System on POWER7+: This system provides larger enterprises, particularly those in financial services and insurance, the ability to better manage and maintain compute and transaction-intensive applications across environments, including the cloud, where up-time and performance are mission critical. In growth markets where large enterprises are already running many high performance applications on Power systems, this new offering helps them get to the cloud quickly and run those applications more efficiently. IBM issued a related announcement today with details on its new Power Systems and Storage Systems.
- Expanded Software Patterns Catalogue: Accessible through the PureSystems Centre, patterns are an innovative approach that automates software management – dramatically reducing the time it takes to install, manage and maintain applications. In addition to third-party ISV patterns, new patterns for IBM software include those for mobile application management, application integration, asset management and social business including IBM Web Experience Patterns for WebSphere Portal Server and Web Content Manager; IBM Connections Hypervisor Edition; and IBM Mixed Language Application Modernization Pattern.
- Managed Service Provider Editions for PureFlex System and Flex Systems: IBM has created “MSP Editions” for IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex Systems that provide an accelerated cloud deployment platform that is faster to implement, easier to manage, and more cost effective than the MSP having to build the platform themselves, helping them to cut operating expenses, such as systems administration and setup. As part of the MSP Editions, and only available to MSPs that are registered IBM Business Partners, IBM is offering attractive pricing and finance options that are designed to match the cash flow considerations and investment priorities of MSPs.
- SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure: IBM is also announcing a new SmartCloud Desktop Infrastructure offering, for IBM PureFlex System and Flex Systems. This new offering will enhance the overall quality and reliability of virtual desktops and enables IT managers to easily manage, secure and deploy virtual desktop solutions. Clients can now securely deploy desktop access to mobile devices. This capability will allow clients to set up desktop access in minutes and provides rapid recovery from theft, failure and disasters.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
July 22nd, 2014
OpenNebula has just released the Beta version of its OpenNebula 4.8, codename “Lemon Slice”, that finally introduces the long awaited support for public clouds providers others than Amazon AWS….
July 21st, 2014
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is one of the hot challenges that nowadays enterprises are facing, that’s why AirWatch acquisition, made by VMware earlier this year, is extremely significative together…
July 16th, 2014
The Indian company VMUnify, originated from MindTree’s innovation program, announced this week the general availability of version 3.0 of its homonymous solution for managing Virtual Infrastructure Enterprises, Private or…
July 15th, 2014
vCloud Hybrid Service is VMware’s owned and operated IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offering, released in September 2013 in the US only and extended to Europe (UK) in February 2014….
July 10th, 2014
Red Hat has released its OpenStack platform version 5. The Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform is able to create, deploy, and scale a public or private OpenStack cloud. The…
July 4th, 2014
Racemi, an American company headquartered in Atlanta, founded in 2000, provides server workload migrations between dissimilar physical, virtual, and cloud platforms announced to have raised $10 million in Series…
July 3rd, 2014
HP has released a paper titled: “HP Reference Architecture for OpenStack on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS“. The paper which contains 15 pages provides guidance in the deployment of an OpenStack Icehouse…
July 1st, 2014
On June 30th, IBM released two different news announcing one the availability of its open cloud development platform as a service Bluemix, the other revealing the opening of the new…
July 1st, 2014
Microsoft has released version 9.1 of its capactiy planning tool the Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP). This version is the follow-up of version 9.0 which was released in December last…
June 24th, 2014
CloudPhysics is a provider of a SaaS performance and capacity analytics solution, the first in its segment to leverage the informations collected for its customer datacenters to improve the intelligence…
June 20th, 2014
Virtustream is an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider, funded among the others from SAP, that also offers a Cloud Management Platform called xStream.
This week the company announced…
June 20th, 2014
During its annual TechEd event, Brad Anderson, Corporate VP of Windows Server and System Center at Microsoft announced the next verion of Hyper-V Recovery Manager which is now called Microsoft…
June 19th, 2014
Zerto has announced that it has closed a $26 million Series D funding. The round was led by Harmony Partners, with participation by Battery Ventures, Greylock IL, RTP Ventures…
June 19th, 2014
On June 18 Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2014.
Total revenue for the first quarter ended May 31, 2014 was $424 bmillion, with an…