Eucalyptus Systems has released version 3.2 of its management platform for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds. This release is the follow up of version 3.1 which was released in June this year.
Eucalyptus Systems initially started out providing an open source management system called Eucalyptus, for virtual infrastructures that supports KVM. Nowadays Eucalyptus is providing management of Xen, KVM and VMware virtual environments using Amazon specification for EC2, S3, EBS, and IAM and is capable of running several Windows OS’s en Linux Distributions. The product is provided for free and using a paid annual subscription providing support.
Eucalyptus currently is facing heavy competition from OpenStack, the initiative initially started by Rackspace and NASA. It still attracts investors though, in April this year for example it gained $30 million in an additional Series C funding.
Version 3.2. provides the following new features and enhancements:
- Self-Service portal, which is web based and offers provisioning of compute, network and storage resources. Users can perform provisioning of instances, keypair and password creation. Elastic Block Store (EBS) volume and snapshot operations, image catalog listing and registration, user group operations and elastic IP operations.
- Cloud Usage Reporting enhancements, allowing Administrators to report on cloud compute, storage, and memory usage at the user, group, and cloud level; generate and export reports via the graphical user interface, API, or command line; and store usage data in an external database as desired.
- Improved logging capabilities
- Hardened node controller
Also storage support has been broadened by adding two new adaptors:
- JBOD Storage Adaptor
- Overlays Elastic Block Store (EBS) functionality on top of raw block devices and JBODs, and provides full support of AWS EBS API operations.
- EMC VNX SAN Storage Adapter
- Provides expanded SAN support for EMC VNX Series SANs for Elastic Block Store (EBS) storage, including high availability for the Eucalyptus Storage Controller, advanced VNX snapshot support, and multi-pathing support for greater redundancy.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
May 28th, 2015
There has been a lot of talk about OpenStack lately, last week Vancouver hosted the OpenStack Summit bringing us quite a few announcements about the open source cloud computing…
May 26th, 2015
EMC has acquired Virtustream, a Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider originally funded among the others from SAP for 1.2 billion US dollars. Virtustream also provides a Cloud Management Platform…
May 25th, 2015
Japanese startup Midokura focused on network virtualization announced the availability of Midokura Enterprise MidoNet (MEM). MidoNet is a scalable network virtualization solution integrated with OpenStack Kilo networking project and…
May 20th, 2015
Red Hat yesterday announced the release of version 3.2. of its cloud management software, CloudForms. CloudForms allows the management of hypervisors from Red Hat, VMware and Microsoft as well as…
May 20th, 2015
Besides releasing their annual Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, research and consulting firm Gartner also made some predicitons about the growth of Cloud Infrastructure as a Service…
May 20th, 2015
Gartner this week updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2015. The Magic Qudrant for 2014 was released in May last year (covered…
May 19th, 2015
Red Hat yesterday announced a new Suite which bundles its cloud portfolio to manage both Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) workloads. The suite, which…
May 18th, 2015
Last week, Citrix held its annual Synergy conference in Orlando. During the conference Citrix made several announcements which will be summarized in this blogpost.
Citrix Workspace Cloud, which is a…
May 11th, 2015
The IT roadmap throughout the digital transformation process is a journey, long and complex, and must not be underestimated. Like any other journey it starts with a first step which…
May 11th, 2015
12 years ago, in 2003, virtualization.info started to track virtualization market and, in 2010, cloudcomputing.info was launched as a sister publication with a focus on the cloud computing market.
May 10th, 2015
Last week, Microsoft held its annual Ignite conference in Chicago, Illinois. Ignite is the new name for a series of technical conferences targeted to IT Professionals, which replaces the…
May 5th, 2015
OpenStack Foundation has released the 11th version of its IaaS platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. This version has 400 new features and includes input from 1,492 contributors representing…
April 30th, 2015
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 6 for the following products within the System Center 2012 R2 suite: Service Manager (SCSM), Operations Manager (SCOM), Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Service…
April 28th, 2015
Citrix announced its financial results for first quarter 2015.
The revenues for the first quarter were $761 million for an increase of 1% compared to Q1 2014.
Net income was $29…