Eucalyptus Systems has released version 3.2 of its management platform for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) clouds. This release is the follow up of version 3.1 which was released in June this year.
Eucalyptus Systems initially started out providing an open source management system called Eucalyptus, for virtual infrastructures that supports KVM. Nowadays Eucalyptus is providing management of Xen, KVM and VMware virtual environments using Amazon specification for EC2, S3, EBS, and IAM and is capable of running several Windows OS’s en Linux Distributions. The product is provided for free and using a paid annual subscription providing support.
Eucalyptus currently is facing heavy competition from OpenStack, the initiative initially started by Rackspace and NASA. It still attracts investors though, in April this year for example it gained $30 million in an additional Series C funding.
Version 3.2. provides the following new features and enhancements:
- Self-Service portal, which is web based and offers provisioning of compute, network and storage resources. Users can perform provisioning of instances, keypair and password creation. Elastic Block Store (EBS) volume and snapshot operations, image catalog listing and registration, user group operations and elastic IP operations.
- Cloud Usage Reporting enhancements, allowing Administrators to report on cloud compute, storage, and memory usage at the user, group, and cloud level; generate and export reports via the graphical user interface, API, or command line; and store usage data in an external database as desired.
- Improved logging capabilities
- Hardened node controller
Also storage support has been broadened by adding two new adaptors:
- JBOD Storage Adaptor
- Overlays Elastic Block Store (EBS) functionality on top of raw block devices and JBODs, and provides full support of AWS EBS API operations.
- EMC VNX SAN Storage Adapter
- Provides expanded SAN support for EMC VNX Series SANs for Elastic Block Store (EBS) storage, including high availability for the Eucalyptus Storage Controller, advanced VNX snapshot support, and multi-pathing support for greater redundancy.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
October 21st, 2016
Citrix announced its financial results for third quarter 2016.
The revenues for the second quarter were $841 million for an increase of 3% compared to Q3 2015.
Net income was $132…
October 21st, 2016
A few days ago Amazon Web Services announced the support for Windows Server 2016 in its IaaS offering Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
Windows Server 2016, released in GA last week,…
September 1st, 2016
Today was the last day of VMware’s flagship conference VMworld in Las Vegas, an highly controversial edition which left a good chunk of the audience disoriented if not properly disappointed….
August 11th, 2016
Last week Gartner updated its Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for the year 2016. The Magic Quadrant for the year 2015 was released in May last year…
August 2nd, 2016
Ansible is one of the four main players in the automation market, younger then the well known Chef and Puppet, has been launched in 2013 in Durham, N.C. and acquired…
July 19th, 2016
Yesterday IBM announced its results for Q2 2016.
If we compare with the same quarter in 2015 earnings per share, from continuing operations, decreased 22%. Net income, from continuing operations,…
June 24th, 2016
Red Hat announced its financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2017.
Total revenue for the first quarter was $568 million, with an increase of 18% from the…
June 21st, 2016
virtualization.info has been following WhatMatrix since its inception and, after 6 months since the website has been launched, we are happy to report that its community is growing and contributing…
June 21st, 2016
DockerCon 2016 began yesterday in Seattle with a number of announcements from Docker and key partners.
Here is a quick summary of the day:
Docker 1.12 with built-in orchestration: starting…
June 14th, 2016
Yesterday, Bellevue (WA) based company WinDocks, released a free edition of its homonymous port of the Docker daemon to Windows called WinDocks Community Edition.
The company, founded by a small…
May 12th, 2016
Containers’ security is one of the emerging topics in those companies moving this technology into production. A few small players emerged to compete exclusively in this portion of the…
May 3rd, 2016
RightScale is a Santa Barbara, CA based company, provider of a Software as a Service (SaaS) management solution that so far only supported standard Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud…
April 7th, 2016
Today OpenStack Foundation has released the 13th version of its IaaS platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. This new releases has been contributed by 2,336 developers, operators and users…
March 1st, 2016
Today Cisco announced the intent to acquire CliQr Technologies Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, CA.
CliQr is one of the most promising startups in the Cloud…