Today, during the kick-off of the Microsoft Management Summit in Las Vegas, Brad Anderson spoke about System Center 2012, generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
System Center 2012 consists in 8 components, as Technet reports:
- System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
- System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
Today, that tone is starting to change. There is a feeling of optimism in IT and excitement about the benefits of cloud computing. What I hear now is you are still worried about the challenges, but you see how cloud computing can help you and your IT departments deliver more business value to your companies than ever before. You see that you can enable this change and help your business realize cloud computing benefits – greater agility, increased focus on innovation and significant cost savings.
writes Anderson in a post on TechNet blog.
Some partners from the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program already announced solutions delivered with System Center 2012:
- Dell announced the introduction of enhanced solutions for System Center 2012 as reported on Direct2Dell blog.
- HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012 and Microsoft private cloud, as wrote Brad Kirby and Phil McLean on HP’s blog.
Other partners, like Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi will also deliver their custom solutions Microsoft System Center and private cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
May 21st, 2013
In March this year cloudcomputing.info reported that VMware was set to announce the vCloud Hybrid Service. vCloud Hybrid Service provides Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) from the cloud providing a…
May 14th, 2013
From China a new wind of changes came to stay, Beijing-based cloud startup focusing on “IDE” for Amazon Web Services MadeiraCloud developer of a graphical monitoring and management product,…
May 14th, 2013
Amazon last week released a management pack for use with System Center 2012 Operations Manager (OpsMgr). By importing the management pack into OpsMgr, customers can monitor their EC2 instances (Windows…
May 13th, 2013
Since its announcement Google Compute Engine is in the spotlight as a potential competitor of Amazon AWS.
Up to now Compute Engine has been based on customized versions of Ubuntu and CentOS…
May 6th, 2013
Dell today announced that it has acquired Enstratius, which used to be known as enStratus. Enstratius delivers a private and public cloud management product either available via Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or…
May 6th, 2013
Microsoft has released a paper titled: "Infrastructure-as-a-Service Product Line Architecture Fabric Management Architecture Guide". The paper which contains 69 pages provides guidance to develop solutions for a Microsoft private cloud…
May 6th, 2013
Microsoft has released a paper titled:”Infrastructure-as-a-Service Product Line Architecture Fabric Architecture Guide“. The paper which contains 112 pages provides guidance to develop solutions for a Microsoft private cloud infrastructure in…
May 3rd, 2013
On May 1, Canadian Embotics Corporation announced to have joined the OpenStack community.
Founded in 2006 and headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Embotics focuses on virtualization and private cloud management software…
May 2nd, 2013
Microsoft is building a Desktop as a Service offering running on top of its Cloud platform Azure, Mary Jo Foley from ZDNet reports. The Desktop as a Service offering is…
April 29th, 2013
The Pivotal Initiative, a single virtual organization created by the partnership of EMC and VMware, now have a new entry in the join venture, General Electric, which announced to have…
April 26th, 2013
On April 24, Citrix announced its financial results for first quarter of fiscal 2013, ended March 31, 2013.
Citrix announced a total revenue of $683 million, for an increase of…
April 26th, 2013
On April 23, VMware released the results about its growth for Q1 2013.
VMware, announced a total revenue growth of $1.19 billion, for an increase of 13 percent compared to Q1…
April 22nd, 2013
On April 18 Rackspace published a video where Jim Curry, OpenStack Co-Founder and Rackspace Senior Vice President of Private Cloud; Steve Kirk, Senior Director of Global IT for Sony…
April 19th, 2013
RightScale offering a multi-cloud management solution has announced that it now officially supports Windows Azure Infrastructure Services, which was released earlier this week. In January 2011 cloudcomputing.info already reported about…