Today, during the kick-off of the Microsoft Management Summit in Las Vegas, Brad Anderson spoke about System Center 2012, generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
System Center 2012 consists in 8 components, as Technet reports:
- System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
- System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
Today, that tone is starting to change. There is a feeling of optimism in IT and excitement about the benefits of cloud computing. What I hear now is you are still worried about the challenges, but you see how cloud computing can help you and your IT departments deliver more business value to your companies than ever before. You see that you can enable this change and help your business realize cloud computing benefits – greater agility, increased focus on innovation and significant cost savings.
writes Anderson in a post on TechNet blog.
Some partners from the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program already announced solutions delivered with System Center 2012:
- Dell announced the introduction of enhanced solutions for System Center 2012 as reported on Direct2Dell blog.
- HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012 and Microsoft private cloud, as wrote Brad Kirby and Phil McLean on HP’s blog.
Other partners, like Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi will also deliver their custom solutions Microsoft System Center and private cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
April 15th, 2014
Today Canonical announced the new Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS with a press release intriguingly focused on its role as an OpenStack platform.
This release, that will be available on…
April 15th, 2014
VMware vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) is the VMware’s owned and operated public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform, launched in 2013 in the US and extended to Europe in February…
April 10th, 2014
Microsoft has announced the release of a preview of Azure Automation. Azure Automation provides an orchestration engine for use within Microsoft Azure. Azure Automation allows you to automate the creation,…
April 8th, 2014
Yesterday VMware announced that David Goulden, CEO of EMC Information Infrastructure and CFO of EMC, has left the board of directors.
Goulden will be replaced by Paul Sagan, former Akamai’s…
April 2nd, 2014
VMware vExpert is the program, started in 2009, that “rewards” the individuals who has been recognized as active contributors of the community that rotates around the VMware ecosystem.
April 2nd, 2014
Spanish telecommunications company Telefónica announced to have acquired cloud computing start-up eyeOS, which introduced an open source web desktop solution called eyeOS. The two companies have worked together for…
March 31st, 2014
The analytic data management Apache Hadoop-based company, Cloudera, announced to have raised the remarkable amount of $900 million in a series of financing round which includes the first $160…
March 26th, 2014
In November last year, Amazon announced its Desktop as a Service (DaaS) solution WorkSpaces. WorkSpaces offers a fully managed Windows 7 experience running on top of Windows Server 2008. At…
March 26th, 2014
The Apache Software Foundation which took over the developement of CloudStack platform from Citrix in April 2012 today released version 4.3 of Apache CloudStack. Apache CloudStack is open source…
March 25th, 2014
Today Red Hat announced that Alessandro Perilli joined its team as General Manager, Open Hybrid Cloud Program, focused on OpenStack, OpenShift and CloudForms.
Founder and former Chief Editor of virtualization.info…
March 25th, 2014
Midokura and Cumulus Networkd announced a partnership preparing an offer for customers to manage workloads on virtual and non virtualized infrastructure, besides the cooperation between the two companies will…
March 20th, 2014
IBM revealed once again its support to open standards and open source actions, this time the Big Blue has announced to be Premier-level sponsor for the next OpenStack Summit that…
March 12th, 2014
On March 10, VMware published two videos where Matthias Eisner discuss about VMware vCloud Application Director, the first video is about the creation and deployment of a custom application and…
March 10th, 2014
VMware today announced the release of VMware Horizon DaaS, its Desktop as a Service offering running on top of vCloud Hybrid Service, VMware’s owned and operated public Infrastructure as a…