Today, during the kick-off of the Microsoft Management Summit in Las Vegas, Brad Anderson spoke about System Center 2012, generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
System Center 2012 consists in 8 components, as Technet reports:
- System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
- System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
Today, that tone is starting to change. There is a feeling of optimism in IT and excitement about the benefits of cloud computing. What I hear now is you are still worried about the challenges, but you see how cloud computing can help you and your IT departments deliver more business value to your companies than ever before. You see that you can enable this change and help your business realize cloud computing benefits – greater agility, increased focus on innovation and significant cost savings.
writes Anderson in a post on TechNet blog.
Some partners from the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program already announced solutions delivered with System Center 2012:
- Dell announced the introduction of enhanced solutions for System Center 2012 as reported on Direct2Dell blog.
- HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012 and Microsoft private cloud, as wrote Brad Kirby and Phil McLean on HP’s blog.
Other partners, like Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi will also deliver their custom solutions Microsoft System Center and private cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
January 28th, 2015
Cloudbees, headquartered in Woburn, MA, provider of a continuous delivery (CD) Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution based on Jenkins, announced to have raised $23.5 million in a new…
January 28th, 2015
On January 27, VMware released the financial results for the third quarter and full year 2014.
The revenues for the fourth quarter were $1.70 billion for an increase of 15% compared…
January 28th, 2015
Platform9, which exited stealthmode in August last year last week released it’s Software as a Service (SaaS) solution based on OpenStack. This platform aims to reduce operational complexity offering…
January 27th, 2015
Cloud computing startup called Ravello Systems announces to have secured $28 million funding and to have boost a total of $54 million capital led by Qualcomm Incorporated, through its…
January 22nd, 2015
In October last year, Amazon released the AWS System Manager for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM). AWS System Manager is an add-in for SCVMM which allows customers to…
January 22nd, 2015
VMware has announced that later this quarter it will release an updated disaster recovery solution for its IaaS solution vCloud Air (formerly vCloud Hybrid Service). The solution which will be…
January 15th, 2015
Microsoft, together with partner Persistent Systems has developed and released a tool which helps customers to move complete Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas) deployments from one Microsoft datacenter to…
January 9th, 2015
Microsoft yesterday announced several updates to its Microsoft Azure cloud platform. Updates include the availability of the new G-series type of VM’s, the availability of Ubuntu image with a…
January 5th, 2015
Microsoft has released a free book titled: “Microsoft System Center Introduction to Microsoft Automation Solutions“. The book which contains 105 pages gives an introduction to the automation solutions provided…
December 31st, 2014
I’m thrilled to announce that I recently accepted a position in Red Hat as Cloud Management Strategy Director. I joined the Strategy Team led by Alessandro Perilli in Red…
December 11th, 2014
Google announced beginning this week that it’s going to support running Windows workloads on top of its Google Cloud Platform. For now this means that you can now run Windows…
December 3rd, 2014
Microsoft has published a series of articles on the subject: Cloud Platform Integration Framework. The Cloud Platform Integration Framework (CPIF) provides an enterprise or cloud service provider architect patterns…
November 28th, 2014
The OpenStack Foundation regularly conducts Elections for Individual Directors of the Foundation’s Board, next elections for the 2015 Board of Directors are going to be held from Monday January…
November 27th, 2014
VMware has released a paper titled:"Creating a VMware Software-Defined Data Center". The paper which contains 29 pages describes a reference architecture for a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) using VMware…