Today, during the kick-off of the Microsoft Management Summit in Las Vegas, Brad Anderson spoke about System Center 2012, generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
System Center 2012 consists in 8 components, as Technet reports:
- System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
- System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
Today, that tone is starting to change. There is a feeling of optimism in IT and excitement about the benefits of cloud computing. What I hear now is you are still worried about the challenges, but you see how cloud computing can help you and your IT departments deliver more business value to your companies than ever before. You see that you can enable this change and help your business realize cloud computing benefits – greater agility, increased focus on innovation and significant cost savings.
writes Anderson in a post on TechNet blog.
Some partners from the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program already announced solutions delivered with System Center 2012:
- Dell announced the introduction of enhanced solutions for System Center 2012 as reported on Direct2Dell blog.
- HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012 and Microsoft private cloud, as wrote Brad Kirby and Phil McLean on HP’s blog.
Other partners, like Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi will also deliver their custom solutions Microsoft System Center and private cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
December 11th, 2014
Google announced beginning this week that it’s going to support running Windows workloads on top of its Google Cloud Platform. For now this means that you can now run Windows…
December 3rd, 2014
Microsoft has published a series of articles on the subject: Cloud Platform Integration Framework. The Cloud Platform Integration Framework (CPIF) provides an enterprise or cloud service provider architect patterns…
November 28th, 2014
The OpenStack Foundation regularly conducts Elections for Individual Directors of the Foundation’s Board, next elections for the 2015 Board of Directors are going to be held from Monday January…
November 27th, 2014
VMware has released a paper titled:"Creating a VMware Software-Defined Data Center". The paper which contains 29 pages describes a reference architecture for a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) using VMware…
November 20th, 2014
Today, November 20, IBM announced an interesting update to its PaaS (Platform as a Service) Bluemix. The new “Dedicated” offering allows developers to create applications and deploy them in a…
November 20th, 2014
Microsoft has published a series of blog articles called the "Microsoft Infrastructure as a Service Foundations". The goal of the Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Foundations series is to help enterprise IT…
November 17th, 2014
The Day 2 at AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas saw on stage Verner Vogels, amazon.com CTO, in a keynote mostly focused on devs.
Two the key announcements:
Amazon EC2 Container…
November 13th, 2014
Yesterday at AWS re:Invent 2014 in Las Vegas, Andy Jassy (SVP, Amazon Web Services) announced, as expected, a set of new products and services that will be available to Amazon’s…
November 12th, 2014
Puppet Labs has released version 3.7 of its Puppet Enterprise. Puppet Enterprise is a Configuration Management platform using a model based, declarative approach build on top of Puppet which…
November 11th, 2014
With Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS), Gartner defines a cloud-based service that offers integration to, from and whitin an on premises counterpart.
With the announcement of OpenShift Enterprise 2.2…
November 4th, 2014
Midokura is a Japanese startup that released, back in 2013, MidoNet a network virtualization solution for OpenStack.
Yesterday, at OpenStack Summit in Paris, the company announced the decision to…
November 3rd, 2014
Red Hat today announced the release of version 5 of its systems management solution for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) private clouds based on the OpenStack platform, supporting OpenStack, Amazon…
October 30th, 2014
Amazon has released the AWS System Manager for Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM). AWS System Manager is an add-in for SCVMM which allows customers to monitor and manager…
October 28th, 2014
In May HP (soon Hewlett-Packard Enterprise) announced the plan to build an offer based on its own OpenStack distribution, codename Helion, supported over the next two years from a $1…