Today, during the kick-off of the Microsoft Management Summit in Las Vegas, Brad Anderson spoke about System Center 2012, generally available now for evaluation and purchase.
System Center 2012 consists in 8 components, as Technet reports:
- System Center 2012 App Controller provides a common self-service experience across private and public clouds that can help you empower application owners to easily build, configure, deploy, and manage new services.
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides comprehensive configuration management for the Microsoft platform that can help you empower users with the devices and applications they need to be productive while maintaining corporate compliance and control.
- System Center 2012 Data Protection Manager provides unified data protection for Windows servers and clients that can help you deliver scalable, manageable, and cost-effective protection and restore scenarios from disk, tape, and off premise.
- System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection, built on System Center Configuration Manager, provides industry-leading threat detection of malware and exploits as part of a unified infrastructure for managing client security and compliance that can help you simplify and improve endpoint protection.
- System Center 2012 Operations Manager provides deep application diagnostics and infrastructure monitoring that can help you ensure the predictable performance and availability of vital applications and offers a comprehensive view of your datacenter, private cloud, and public clouds.
- System Center 2012 Orchestrator provides orchestration, integration, and automation of IT processes through the creation of runbooks that can help you to define and standardize best practices and improve operational efficiency.
- System Center 2012 Service Manager provides flexible self-service experiences and standardized datacenter processes that can help you integrate people, workflows, and knowledge across enterprise infrastructure and applications.
- System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager provides virtual machine management and services deployment with support for multi-hypervisor environments that can help you deliver a flexible and cost effective private cloud environment.
Today, that tone is starting to change. There is a feeling of optimism in IT and excitement about the benefits of cloud computing. What I hear now is you are still worried about the challenges, but you see how cloud computing can help you and your IT departments deliver more business value to your companies than ever before. You see that you can enable this change and help your business realize cloud computing benefits – greater agility, increased focus on innovation and significant cost savings.
writes Anderson in a post on TechNet blog.
Some partners from the Microsoft Private Cloud Fast Track program already announced solutions delivered with System Center 2012:
- Dell announced the introduction of enhanced solutions for System Center 2012 as reported on Direct2Dell blog.
- HP announced HP Virtual System VS3 for Microsoft with support for System Center 2012 and Microsoft private cloud, as wrote Brad Kirby and Phil McLean on HP’s blog.
Other partners, like Cisco, Fujitsu, EMC and Hitachi will also deliver their custom solutions Microsoft System Center and private cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus
cloudcomputing.info Newest articles
March 10th, 2014
VMware today announced the release of VMware Horizon DaaS, its Desktop as a Service offering running on top of vCloud Hybrid Service, VMware’s owned and operated public Infrastructure as a…
February 27th, 2014
In these days IBM launched its new hybrid cloud offering called IBM Platform Computing Cloud Service.
The service, that runs on IBM SoftLayer infrastructure, integrates IBM Platform LSF and Platform…
February 25th, 2014
Citrix has released version 2.2. of its cloud services delivery and business management platform CloudPortal Business Manager. Version 2.2. is the follow-up of version 2.1. which was released in September…
February 25th, 2014
VMware vCloud Hybrid Service is the VMware’s owned and operated public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) service, launched in 2013 in US only ,was running in beta on a single…
February 19th, 2014
On February 18, Virtual Bridges provider of desktop virtualization solution, announced to have become Corporate Sponsor of the OpenStack Foundation, the organization which aims to develop and distribute the…
February 18th, 2014
Xervmon, a start up headquartered in Houston with development center in India, provider of a integrated cloud management tool, announced the availability of its product: Xervmon Management & Monitoring…
February 13th, 2014
Promox Server Solutions GmbH headquartered in Vienna, Austria announced to have joined the Linux Foundation, a non-profit technology institution founded 2007 supporting the development of Linux and open sources companies….
February 11th, 2014
Cloud Cruiser is a cost analysis tool targeted at enterprises and service providers. It provides features like showback, chargeback, reporting. It is able to compare different cloud platforms on costs…
February 11th, 2014
Privately held, venture funded company based in New York Datadog, announced to have raised $15 million in a Series B round led by OpenView Venture Partners with investments from…
January 31st, 2014
Microsoft added two new instances which are targeted at high performance computing. Instance called A8 has 8 virtual cores with 56 GB of internal memory. Instance A9 has 16 virtual…
January 30th, 2014
VMware has released a paper titled: "VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0 Reference Architecture", the paper which contains 21 pages provides recommendations about deployment topology, hardware specifications and scalability for vCloud…
January 28th, 2014
Microsoft has announced that it will contribute to the Open Compute Project a community whose mission is to design and enable the delivery of the most efficient server, storage and…
January 27th, 2014
Microsoft last week announced that it will lower storage prices in Windows Azure, in order to match the storage prices from Amazon, which announced reduction of storage prices earlier this…
January 24th, 2014
IBM last week announced that it will commit over $ 1.2 billion in order to expand its global cloud footprint. IBM plans to have cloud facilities in major geographies and…